Distinguised Danes Speaker Series
April 23-25, 2008
An architect and Senior Lecturer in Urban Design at the Center for Public Space Reserach at The School of Architecture, The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts and at DIS (Denmark's International Study Program), in Copenhagen. He is also an Associate Partner in Gehl Architects, Urban Design Consultants, Copenhagen.
During his stay in Seattle, he:
- led a professional studio in Seattle for City of Seattle planners
- Gave an evening lecture for faculty and students of the University of Washington and the public on "Winning Back Public Space"
June 2-5, 2008
Danish Parliament Member and Former Minister of Energy and Environment. He is generally credited with turning Denmark from being almost totally dependent on foreign oil to being an exporter of sustainable energy within a 30 year period.
Svend is also now on the committee to determine the European Union's position on climate change and renewable energy.
During his stay in Seattle, he was the featured speaker at:
- An over capacity public lecture at Seattle City Hall
- A gathering of students and faculty at the University of Washington
- Members of the Northwest Danish Foundation
- A Pacific Northwest energy roundtable
Press releases coming soon.